Re: ProvenanceContainer (Re: Workflow Example in Formal Model HTML document)

Hi Paolo,
> "this means that any bundle of provenance assertions characterize a thing,
which is not the case."
Sorry, I am confused I though a bundle (or maybe a set) of provenance
assertion does characterize a thing.

For example, provenance assertions about a car A - its manufacturer, car
dealer who sold it, who owns it etc. characterize car A. These set of
"attribute-value" pairs are exactly same as PROV-DM ASN production rules for
an Entity.

Alternatively, if you meant that the bundle of provenance assertions
contained in a provenance container does not characterize the provenance
container - the postal envelope example illustrates that the contents of a
provenance container may characterize the container also (in this case the
envelope containing the letter written by Person X). Similarly a specific
XML document (with namespace etc.) is characterized to an extent by its
contents also.

Thanks.

Best,
Satya