Re: Question: How do I derive the Functional Syntax grammar from the Diagrams?

On 31 Jul 2008, at 12:48, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:

> There are choices that could be made.
>
> 1) That the model is of the functional grammar, and that API
> developers ignore ordering information. This ties the model more
> tightly with the goals of the document, which is to expose the syntax

The abstract syntax. We have a number of linear syntaxes and possible
linear syntaxes.

> 2) That additional attributes be added to the model to indicate
> which choices are made for the functional syntax.
>
> In my view, if the model is part of this document, it should
> reflect what the document says. Either of the above choices would
> do that. (there may be others)

I do not see how the current situation does not reflect what the
document says. I do not see how either of the above choices do
better, in fact, I think they change what it says. I don't like the
change, either.

I speak as someone who doesn't particularly like diagrams.