Re: new javascript for syntax selection

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Subject: new javascript for syntax selection
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 23:11:10 -0400

> Try out the new syntax check boxes here:
>   http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Primer#Simple_Facts
>
> (I'm trying it for OWL first, in the hope of not confusing RIF
> publication too much, if it doesn't work out right.)
>
>      -- Sandro

I also worry about the boxes taking too much space (particularly when
the extra blank lines are removed).  Also, when the window is narrow,
the boxes shove the first line down.  As well, the Manchester tag is
missing on multi-syntax displays.

A better solution might have something like a small box that you click
on to get an overlay that allows the change.  There would be a "DO THIS"
click to make the change - which would result in less surprise.  Right
now, to switch syntax there are two redisplays and the box almost
always moves after the first redisplay.

peter