ISSUE-114 [RE: Teleconference.2008.07.09/Agenda]

From: Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 09:41:07 +0200
To: "Bijan Parsia" <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Cc: "OWL 1.1" <public-owl-wg@w3.org>, "Alan Ruttenberg" <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>

[...]

>This is another hijacked issue. It started with an (improper) issue
>to "review" all forms of punning, and now has morphed into first, a
>off list "review" that was very incomplete and then to a de facto
>requirement for review.
>
>Since you are now the champion of this issue,

And I am its raiser.

Let me say that I originally thought it would be peculiar to have

  (class|datatype) / (object|data|annotation)property punning

in OWL DL. But now, I have heard several people arguing pro this kind of
punning. So you won't see me opposing this any further.

Btw, I don't think that it was "improper" to raise this issue. For example,
it eventually brought to everyone's attention that class/datatype punning is
now disallowed, too. However, if I was about to raise this issue today, I
would rather start such a discussion off-issue-list, in order to see what
people think (the preferred method, before raising an issue, anyway).

Michael