Re: Issue-114

From: Evan Wallace <ewallace@cme.nist.gov>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 12:02:38 -0400
CC: OWL Working Group WG <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

As I said when we discussed this in January, combining properties and
classes is common in
some models.  UML supports this with the Association Class construct,
and I saw this construct
used liberally in models at last week's OMG meeting.  It is also true
that it is common to encounter
the problem of integrating models after the fact that have made
different design choices leading
to a need to reconcile the use of both classes and properties for the
same concept.   As long as
we are going to include punning in the OWL2 language, then we should
have a darn good reason if
we are not going to support class-property punning.

-Evan