Re: Primer review, part 1 Introduction, Orientation sections

On 21 Jan 2008, at 16:43, Jim Hendler wrote:

> I would prefer Turtle (which has at least some status) to
> Manchester Syntax and/or OWL XML - let's at least add Turtle

I'm happy to add turtle (though I'll probably wait until I have the
auto-syntax generator working...better not to do all the conversions
by hand like we did ;)), or really, any other syntax that readers
might find helpful. We can always configure the default
conservatively and leave the extra as options.

> - it's easily mappable to RDF/XML but more readable - and it does
> have a recognized document behind it now as well as history of use
> in W3C SWA documents.  The Manchester syntax appears to be defined
> as the research results of a project called "Co-ode" which seems
> not to have any sort of imprimitur --
[snip]

As Rinke pointed out, Manchester syntax is used in Protege and in
TopBraid composer (which is, as you know, a commercial project).
Turtle was used as the syntax for SPARQL when it was only a Dave
Beckett thing (and the Team Submission came out very close to rec
time for SPARQL :)). On this model, I would be happy to draft up a
spec for it as an appendix, or as a WG note or Member submission.