Re: Action-98 One page quick reference card / accessibility

On 27 Aug 2008, at 11:25, Jie Bao wrote:
[snip]
> On making a html version of the guide
>
>> From Deb:
>
> i think we should keep working on the wiki.
> we should thank bijan for his effort.
> as i mentioned in later mail, bijan's version had much information cut
> off in my explorer view

Most information was *missing* because I didn't retype all the
(draft) information. The point was to show the design, not produce
the HTML version. I'm happy to keep working on the design, but will
only transcribe if no one else will :)

> and did not have a scroll bar so i was not
> sure how to get the information back.  in firefox it was better but
> still cut off content without a scroll bar.
> i think what we take from this is that an html version can be made to
> work (but i am not sure that it works with different font sizes - my
> font size is pushed up as i presume is true for many people over 40)
> but when i pushed it back down it got to an unreadably small size
> before all of the content in the columns came back in.

Well, I think we want to distinguish between the online version and
the print out version. The point of *this* design is to show that we
can have one source for both and that source can be HTML. I would
imagine we'd have separate CSS for print media and screen media
(e.g., if only to have standard hyperlinks in the screen one without
printing underlines everywhere).