Re: feedback on Easy keys and universal property

Hi Zhe,

I personally found Markus' paper "All Elephants are bigger than all
Mice" [1] a pretty convincing use case. Also, his work on SROIQ-Rules
and ELP is based on the availability of the top role.

Best,
	Rinke

[1] http://www.korrekt.org/page/All_Elephants_are_Bigger_than_All_Mice

On 25 apr 2008, at 18:05, Alan Wu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Forgot to copy the WG.
>
> Zhe
>
> From: Alan Wu <alan.wu@oracle.com>
> Date: 24 april 2008 22:54:39 GMT+02:00
> To: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
> Cc: Ian Horrocks <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
> Subject: Re: Easy keys and universal property - feedback needed
>

> Alan,
>
> Easy keys seems to be very practical. Oracle is likely to implement
> this feature. Don't take it as a promise though :)
>
> Regarding "easiest keys", the counterintuitive case is valid.
> However, is that a common case? ;)  Do we truly expect
> many users define things  like that?
>
> Regarding top/bottom role, I am not totally convinced yet. Could
> someone please describe some practical use cases?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Zhe
>
> Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
>> Hi Zhe,
>>
>> At yesterday's meeting the sentiment of those present was that it
>> was desirable to move forward with adding easy keys and top/bottom
>> property. As one a representative of a reasoner implementation, we
>> need your feedback about whether you concur that these features
>> should be added to the specification. Could you please carefully
>> review the easy keys proposal at http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Easy_Keys
>>  with particular attention to the the section "Why not easiest
>> keys?" and get back to the group with your thoughts on this matter
>> and with an indication if it is likely that Oracle would implement
>> this feature? Similarly, the top and bottom property, as described
>> in http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Universal_Property.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alan

Drs. Rinke Hoekstra

Email: hoekstra@uva.nl    Skype:  rinkehoekstra
Phone: +31-20-5253499     Fax:   +31-20-5253495
Web:   http://www.leibnizcenter.org/users/rinke

Leibniz Center for Law,          Faculty of Law
University of Amsterdam,            PO Box 1030
1000 BA  Amsterdam,             The Netherlands