Re: Profiles intro

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Alan Wu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Like your suggestions! :)   I personally take 3) very seriously. In my
> opinion, reasoning is seldom the ultimate goal when users build a semantic
> application. It is the efficient query execution against large amount of
> semantic data that adds a lot of value.

It seems that here is an interesting difference in our use of the work
"reasoning". For me, "query executing against semantic data" *is* (a
kind of) reasoning because you do more then just retrieving data: your
rules make implicit information explicit, i.e., you derive answers
that were not explicitly put into the database.

Anyway, it is of course fine with me to put querying more explicitly
into the profile intro.

greetings,
 		Carsten

--
*      Carsten Lutz, Institut f"ur Theoretische Informatik, TU Dresden       *
*     Office phone:++49 351 46339171   mailto:lutz@tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de     *