Re: roll call from F2F2

Sandro Hawke wrote:

>> But still there is a difference between silence and absence.
>
> My point is that such difference should be caught at the time.  We
> should not go to RESOLVED until everyone Present has voted, or the chair
> rules specifically that we'll proceed without hearing from them
> (presumably for a noted reason).

I disagree, and fear over-engineering.

Without evidence that someone who wants to be heard has not been I
believe our current voting methods adequately implements the consensus
process.

I noted that you at one point voted a 0 because your attention had
wandered off. Personally, when that happens I tend to be silent. One
occassion when it mattered when that happened was with the XML Syntax
publication, and I was heard, in a manner that was technically out of
order, after the chair had declared 'resolved', when I raised the
missing reference to the missing GRDDL transform.

Jeremy