Re: Axiomatic triples in OWL-R-Full?

Michael Schneider wrote:
> Hi, Ivan!
>
> This is a good observation, and I think an issue should be raised for it.

Maybe we should decide on the group this evening whether this should be
entered as an Issue

> The question whether to include axiomatic triples or not depends on whether we want the semantics of OWL R Full to be an upper semantics of RDFS or not.
>
> Just one technical/theoretical remark for the moment: To receive strict RDFS compatibility, it is necessary to include all of the following axiomatic triples, for every natural language n:

My understanding of Horst's paper is that _for a given graph_
calculating the RDFS closure (ie, by induction, the OWL-R-Full closure,
too) is doable because one can add only those rdf:_n related axiomatic
triples by limiting 'n' to the highest occurrence of an rdf:_i usage in
the original graph. I may have missed something in fine print in the
paper, but my understanding is that this is perfectly doable, proper,
and we would then get back to a safe, finite world.

But I yield to your knowledge of RDFS semantics...

Ivan