RE: Axiomatic triples in OWL-R-Full?

Hi, Ivan!

This is a good observation, and I think an issue should be raised for it.

The question whether to include axiomatic triples or not depends on whether we want the semantics of OWL R Full to be an upper semantics of RDFS or not.

Just one technical/theoretical remark for the moment: To receive strict RDFS compatibility, it is necessary to include all of the following axiomatic triples, for every natural language n:

>From RDF semantics:

   rdf:_n rdf:type rdf:Property

>From RDFS semantics:

   rdf:_n rdf:type rdfs:ContainerMembershipProperty
   rdf:_n rdfs:domain rdfs:Resource
   rdf:_n rdfs:range rdfs:Resource

Obviously, these are *infinitely* many axiomatic triples. In practice this would mean that complete OWL R Full conformance would probably not be possible to achieve. So it would be up to the implementors to decide about the intended conformance level of their product.

--
Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Tel  : +49-721-9654-726

Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Az: 14-0563.1 Regierungspräsidium Karlsruhe