Re: Summary of Telco 07.02.2014

Dear Philipp,

Thanks for the updates.
I have direclty modified the text in the specification (maybe I should
not?), but we can still reconsider this...
On the one hand, I thought it is important to specify already at the
introduction that there is one type of variation that is established
between LexicalEntries (i.e., define LexicalVariants), how do you see it?
On the other, I was not so happy with the "terminology" used when
dealing with cross-lingual variants, specifically when stating that
Translations are literal translations...
 From the Translation discipline perspective, this would be problematic,
IMHO.

  * I think we should refer to them as Translations or Interlingual
    variants (in general). That is what people interested in
    multilinguality will be looking for, I think. If you think that the
    MultiWordNet community would be happier with Inter-lingual variant
    is fine, but the translation or terminology community will be
    looking for "translation". Would it be feasible to keep both
    denominations? Since this is a lexicon model (for ontologies, of
    course, but still we are at the lexical level), I would be inclined
    to think that the most appropriate term is translation, but I am
    open to change my mind... :)
  * As for the types of translation we may account for, I would talk of
    "equivalents", but not identify "translations" exclusivly and
    explicitly with "literal translations". I was trying to make this
    clear during out last telco, but maybe I failed... :) That is why I
    was proposing direct equivalents, to distinguish them from cultural
    equivalents.

As for the question in your e-mail referring to "paraphrase", yes, I
think we could put it that way...
Best,
Elena