Re: Welcome to Community Group on Ontology-Lexica

From: Gerard de Melo <demelo@ICSI.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 13:20:53 -0700
To: public-ontolex@w3.org
Dear fellow group members,

My name is Gerard de Melo and I am currently a post-doctoral researcher
with the FrameNet/AI group at the ICSI Berkeley.

In the past, I mainly worked on graph-based data integration techniques
to produce large multilingual lexical knowledge bases, including UWN and
MENTA [1], which extend WordNet to other languages.

I am also the maintainer of Lexvo.org [2], a site that brings
information about languages, words, characters, etc. to the Linked Data
Web and Semantic Web.

Additionally, I have contributed to more general-purpose knowledge bases
and ontologies like YAGO and SUMO.

For more information, please visit my home page:
http://www.icsi.berkeley.edu/~demelo/

Best regards,
Gerard de Melo

[1] http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/yago-naga/uwn/