RE: [ACTION-527]: Propose spec change to address extensibility in general

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 06:01:21 -0600
To: "'Dr. David Filip'" <David.Filip@ul.ie>
CC: <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
Hi David, all,

> [[
> 2-5: Non-ITS elements or attributes found in a rules element MAY be ignored.
> ]]
> Besides we allowed foreign attributes in all elements, so this
> should say that non-ITS elements or attributes in all ITS elements MAY be ignored.

Actually the schema change allows foreign elements only in its:rules.
But in any case, for this statement, there is no reason to mention where the non-ITS elements/attributes can be found: It's just about what to do with them. So we should use a blanket statement:

[[
2-5: Non-ITS elements and attributes MAY be ignored.
]]

or

[[
2-5: Non-ITS elements and attributes found in ITS elements MAY be ignored.
]]

And the locations where non-ITS elements/attributes are allowed can be described in http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#its-schemas as Felix proposed.

[[
Foreign elements can be used only inside rules.
Foreign attributes can be used on any element defined in ITS.
]]

-ys