[ACTION-527]: Propose spec change to address extensibility in general

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 08:39:20 -0600
To: <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
Hi all,

Action 527 is to propose some changes to the specification to address what non-ITS elements/attributes can be added in the <its:rules> element.

== What to allow:

We could allow:
- only elements/attributes of the http://www.w3.org/2008/12/its-extensions namespace.
- or any foreign elements/attributes

My proposal would be to allow any foreign elements/attribute:

ITS rules can be (and are) used by localization tools as the document where to store info about how to process the XML/HTML documents, and such files may need to set various options that are not in ITS or are not extensions of ITS.

== Where to allow:

- elements: anywhere in <its:rules>, after all <param> elements.
- attributes: in <its:rules>, and in any ITS elements.

== The proposed text:

I would propose to just add one short item in the "4.2 Conformance Type 2: The Processing Expectations for ITS Markup" section:

[[
2-5: Non-ITS elements or attributes found in a rules element MAY be ignored.
]]

The schema will indicates where things are allowed, no need to add text for that in the specification.

BTW, there is a typo in section 4.2:
"...found on a rules elements." should be "...found on a rules element." (remove the extra 's')