Re: Standoff Markup HTML - Difference Testoutput and Standard

On 03.05.2013 08:48, Felix Sasaki wrote:
> Am 02.05.13 21:50, schrieb Yves Savourel:
>>> "In HTML the standoff markup MUST either be stored inside a script
>>> element
>>> in the same or an linked HTML document, or can be linked to from any
>>> reference to an external XML file with the standoff inside."
>> +1
>>
>> But this is bringing up the case of an HTML-only processor that
>> suddenly has to process XML (or vice-versa).
>> I guess processors supporting only one formats simply cannot process
>> those type of references.
>> Which IMO is fine.
>>
>> -ys
>>

> Thanks, Karl and Yves. The Related passages now look like this.
>
> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#provenance-records-in-html5-constraint
>
> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#loc-quality-issues-in-html5-constraint
>

> Hope that this is ok,
>
> Felix

I'm not 100% sure about the new sentence. As you pointed out your self
you can not only point to a XML, also to a HTML. For me "or an linked
HTML document" sounds like I can add a <link> element somehow, but it is
the same as for XML, just point to it in the reference. I missed this
yesterday in my proposal.
How about:
"In HTML the standoff markup MUST either be stored inside a script
element in the same HTML document, or can be linked to from any
locQualityIssuesRef to an external XML or HTML file with the standoff
inside."
I added locQualityIssuesRef to make it clearer, which reference is mean.
Because you can't to this with locQualityIssueProfileRef, which is
somehow a reference too.

Cheers
Karl