Re: Response to your LC Comment -2404 on Media Ontology spec

Thierry, all,

obviously, I am happy with the answer and the direction the group plans to take on this matter. That being said, I have not looked into the OWL ontology itself, I am not sure when you consider it final enough and whether I would have the time to do that in the coming weeks. But I would hope that the group has enough OWL expertise to do that, i.e., you do not need me for that.

Thanks

Sincerely

Ivan

On Sep 29, 2010, at 09:05 , Thierry MICHEL wrote:

> Dear Ivan,
>
> The Media Annotations Working Group has reviewed the comments you sent [1] on the Last Call Working Draft [2] of the Ontlology for Media Resource 1.0 published on 08 June 2010.
> Thank you for having taken the time to review the document and to send us comments.
>
> The Working Group's response to your comment is included below.
> Please review it carefully and *let us know by email at public-media-annotation@w3.org if you agree with it* or not
> before [09-oct-2010].
> In case of disagreement, you are requested to provide a specific solution for or a path to a consensus with the Working Group.
> If such a consensus cannot be achieved, you will be given the opportunity to raise a formal objection which will
> then be reviewed by the Director during the transition of this document to the next stage in the W3C Recommendation Track.
>
> Thanks,
>
> For the Media Annotations Working Group,
> Thierry Michel,
> W3C Team Contact
>
> 1. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Jul/0017.html
> 2. http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-mediaont-10-20100608/
>
> -----------------
> MAWG Resolution:
> -----------------
>
> The Media Annotations WG agrees that this first Last Call of the Ontology for Media Resource 1.0, is missing an RDF-representation of the ontology.
> Therefore the MAWG will add in the next publication of the Ontology for Media Resource an appendix with an RDF/OWL version of the ontology, (as it was initially planned and stated in the spec) and to fulfill our charter requirement.
> This Ontlogy in RDF is currently available at
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/drafts/ontology10/CR/ma-ont-rev7.owl for review.
> It is also included into the latest editor's draft of the Ontology
> http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mediaont-1.0.html#ont-RDF
>
> To respond to your second request we will also refer in the namespace document at http://www.w3.org/ns/ma-ont# to this RDF version of the ontology. (probably a content negotiation to an owl or HTML rendering of the RDF version as described in "Best Practice Recipes for Publishing RDF Vocabularies" at http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-vocab-pub/#recipe3.
>
> Finally, as we have added substantive updates in this specification, we plan to issue a short second Last Call soon.

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153