Re: Capturing the information about the creator of a collection or a feed within the Media Ontology

Hello,

The idea of the "core properties" of the Media Ontology is that they
should be useful in several use cases, and that they are supported by
different standards and vocabularies. We had a vote to select them,
based on the most frequent properties present in the mapping table.
The creator of a collection can indeed be mapped to ma:author, with a
property specifying that the meaning or scope of "collection author"
is narrower than the one of ma:author (and potentially *how* narrower
it is). The idea is to integrate the mapping modularity from a
specific vocabulary to the ma list, not to extend the core list itself.

Best regards,
Véronique