Should we drop the color bullet for now?

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 08:35:22 -0500
To: public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>, Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com>
Hi Wayne and all,

Since we are dropping the font bullet from the Adapting Text SC for
the time being to allow time for more research, I wonder if we should
do the same for the color bullet?

We have no consensus on this current bullet:

* text color and background color to a single different text color and
a single different background color

Other language that allows more colors will very likely get push back.

We could expand Andrew's font note, so the whole thing could read:

<start draft text>
Except for images of text and captions, text styles of the page can be
overridden as follows with no loss of essential content or
functionality.

* line spacing (leading) to at least 1.5
* letter spacing (tracking) to at least 0.12 em
* word spacing to at least 0.16 em

Editor's note: The Working Group seeks to include changes in text
color, background color, and font-family as part of the SC, but is not
yet able to identify a way to do so that is sufficiently testable.

</end draft text>

Thoughts?

Kindest Regards,
Laura