Re: MusicBrainzRe: : Where is the linkage?

Hello!

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 9:02 PM, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org> wrote:
> +cc: Robert, Yves
>
> On 17/2/09 21:52, Simon Reinhardt wrote:
>> Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>>> We have a new Musicbrainz dump, and it will be integrated into DBpedia
>>> (I think Georgi is working on this). There will soon be a publicdump
>>> available to others in the coming days.
>>
>> Did you consider working with Yves? He spent a lot of time mapping
>> MusicBrainz' Advanced Relationships to Music Ontology terms already.
>> Personally I'd prefer if there was a combined effort and *one* mapping
>> of MB into LOD to make things more consistent. Also having
>> dereferencable URIs would be nice (which is never going to happen if you
>> use MB's URIs, given how excited Robert Kaye is about RDF - not).
>>
>> Regards,
>> Simon
>

> Well, you never know. Why not ask again? :)
>
> Robert - do you have any plans for "perma-link"-style per artist, per album
> etc. pages at MusicBrainz, which might become canonical reference URLs for
> the things they describe? (ie. with nice stable URLs). If so, could you be
> persuaded to include RDFa markup inline in the HTML pages, so the content
> could be machine-readable too? (or even rdf/xml at a nearby shadow URL). If
> not, fair enough, there are various candidate services who will probably do
> something like this. But my preference would be for the identifiers and data
> to come direct from MusicBrainz if possible. Any thoughts? Yves too, any
> thoughts on best way forward?

Actually, I have some stale code for mb_server from about 6 month ago
to provide RDF representations of Musicbrainz artist URIs (well,
that's a start...). I really need to start working on that again, but
I definitely hope we can have Linked Data directly at Musicbrainz, at
some point! Things are beginning to look a bit better on my backlog,
so hopefully I can revive that work soonish.

RDFa would be  good option!! (/me ashamed to not have thought about it :-( )

Cheers!