Re: MusicBrainzRe: : Where is the linkage?

+cc: Robert, Yves

On 17/2/09 21:52, Simon Reinhardt wrote:
 > Kingsley Idehen wrote:
 >> We have a new Musicbrainz dump, and it will be integrated into DBpedia
 >> (I think Georgi is working on this). There will soon be a publicdump
 >> available to others in the coming days.
 >
 > Did you consider working with Yves? He spent a lot of time mapping
 > MusicBrainz' Advanced Relationships to Music Ontology terms already.
 > Personally I'd prefer if there was a combined effort and *one* mapping
 > of MB into LOD to make things more consistent. Also having
 > dereferencable URIs would be nice (which is never going to happen if you
 > use MB's URIs, given how excited Robert Kaye is about RDF - not).
 >
 > Regards,
 > Simon

Well, you never know. Why not ask again? :)

Robert - do you have any plans for "perma-link"-style per artist, per
album etc. pages at MusicBrainz, which might become canonical reference
URLs for the things they describe? (ie. with nice stable URLs). If so,
could you be persuaded to include RDFa markup inline in the HTML pages,
so the content could be machine-readable too? (or even rdf/xml at a
nearby shadow URL). If not, fair enough, there are various candidate
services who will probably do something like this. But my preference
would be for the identifiers and data to come direct from MusicBrainz if
possible. Any thoughts? Yves too, any thoughts on best way forward?

cheers,

Dan