Re: proposal: have W3C HTML5 reference dated WHATWG URL standard rather than W3C copy

On 25.9.2014 18:07, Robin Berjon wrote:
> Please don't ascribe to malice, etc. People are trying to figure out a
> title that can be friendly to all. Experimenting in the snapshot itself
> is unfortunate, but I wouldn't read that much into it.

Actually I found hidden subtitle by an accident. I don't know whether it
was hidden accidentally or not.

Anyway I think it's very bad practice to hide parts of the specification
text from display.

So lets assume for the following discussion about referencing to WHATWG
specs that such hidden offensive surprises will not be present in the
future stable snapshots of WHATWG specs.

Personally I would prefer if WHATWG and W3C can publish exactly same
document on both whatwg.org and w3c.org. I mean exactly same (maybe
except visual style) so no additional editorial effort on W3C side will
be needed. Personally I don't feel that WHATWG is currently enough
stable and open body (see https://whatwg.org/charter) to provide long
term archival place for specifications.

    Jirka