Re: proposal: have W3C HTML5 reference dated WHATWG URL standard rather than W3C copy

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 10:11:24 -0700
To: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Cc: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>, Tantek Γ‡elik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
On Thursday 2014-09-25 18:07 +0200, Robin Berjon wrote:
> On 25/09/2014 17:46 , Steve Faulkner wrote:
> >Ho hum, missed that assumed tantek's proposal was pointing to a good
> >faith snapshot.
>
> Please don't ascribe to malice, etc. People are trying to figure out
> a title that can be friendly to all. Experimenting in the snapshot
> itself is unfortunate, but I wouldn't read that much into it.

Yes.  (At least, I wasn't previously aware how the title was
edited.)

Please assume instead that a new snapshot were published with the
revised title (which I suppose would be what is needed to actually
edit the title), and patent commitments re-obtained for the revised
snapshot (with the title revision).

-David

--
π„ž   L. David Baron                         http://dbaron.org/   𝄂