Re: hgroup

Hi tantek,
while I very much support your right as a working group member ask for a
revert,

I do not consider it your right to imply that I amongst others who consider
hgroup to be a problem are

"armchair complainers with time on their hands being considered more
strongly than the (implied, often quiet because they don't have time
to engage in trollish forums)"

"I believe all "how to write" HTML5 books provide
documentation of how and when to use hgroup, and *know* that a few
others "Introducing HTML5"

bruce lawson co-author of "Introducing HTML5" asked for hgroup to be
reviewed by the html wg[1][2][3]

here is what he had to say:
"As I travel and teach web devs about HTML5 semantics, I'm getting feedback

and confusion about <hgroup> that gives me significant misgivings about
the utlity and thus potential uptake of the element.

People have difficulty grasping the meaning of an element with no meaning
other than to preserve the outlining algorithm.

Personally, I don't see people currently using h1+h2 for title and
subtitle anyway (the usecase that hgroup serves)"

there are around 6 diiferent proposals to modify/replace I find it hard to
believe all of them are from trolls and complainers.

[1]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jan/0307.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Dec/0012.html
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Nov/0396.html

regards