Re: text/sandboxed-html

On Jan 13, 2010, at 12:30 PM, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:

> Adobe is certainly committed to working with this committee and
> others to develop the necessary specifications, APIs, etc. that
> would ensure that our plugins would operate correctly with @sandbox.
>
> Maciej - your company is also a vendor of popular plugins (eg.
> Quicktime).  Ian, yours is now doing them for 3D and others.  Are
> you two also willing to participate?   If so, that would cover about
> 90+% of the major plugins in use today.

I can see how it may be useful to allow sandboxed content to embed
media via QuickTime.

> So what is the correct course of action to see that move forward?

One good way is to make a proposal on the plugin-futures list. That is
the venue for discussing and extending the "NPAPI" plugin API, which
is used by all browsers other than IE. IE uses ActiveX instead,
presumably the right way to request extensions to ActiveX is to
contact Microsoft.

Regards,
Maciej