Re: Browser implementations, prior to rec, used for justification

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 04:03:15 -0500, Scheppe, Kai-Dietrich
<k.scheppe@telekom.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question to the group.
>
> Browser manufacturers have already begun implementing parts of the HTML
> 5 specification, while this document is far from ready.
> In several threads I have noticed comments pointing out that browsers
> have already created facts and that discussion at hand therefore is a
> moot point.
>
> I find it very disturbing that arguments in discussions are being met
> with such statements.
> The spec does not get any better by turning off the brain just because
> some browser already did something with a half baked recommendation.
>
> Am I alone with this assessement or would it be better to focus on the
> specification irrespective of who did what when?
>
> PS: I appreciate the testbed that browser provide in this fashion, but
> would prefer to keep seeing it as such

I was thinking the same thing when I read Henri's message
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jan/0070.html>
earlier. In my mind, I was like, "Wait a minute, what?", to be honest.

Peronally, I don't think we should be held back just yet by sites or
browser impelementations. (At least for browsers where new versions are
release frequently)

--
Michael