Re: "Web addresses in HTML 5" for review (ISSUE-56 urls-webarch)

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:56:59 +0100, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
> Attached find a draft for ACTION-68
> "try factoring URI/URL stuff out as a separate draft"
>   http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/68
>

> (for my reference: it's rev 45:ff09a2b4d3ac )

I just have a small editorial comment for now. It would be nice if the
document was agnostic of HTML5. E.g. XMLHttpRequest requires identical
handling of URLs and I am pretty sure CSS does too. (And very likely every
specification that deals with them and user agents implement, but I have
not tested that exhaustively.)

Having just noticed appendix B "The algorithm below allows square brackets
in the <host> field; the algorithm in section 2 above does not." is that
what user agents do too? (Not really sure how to test that...)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/