Re: HTML is a declarative mark-up language

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 11:17:18 +0100, Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no>
wrote:
> HTML 4 has an overview of all the elements [1], where the description of
> each element makes it clear *why* each element has the name it has. As
> well as a similar table over all the attributes [2]. Those two pages are
> probably the best starting pages for to read HTML 4 ...
>
> I guess that HTML 5  could benefitted from similar pages.
>
> [1] http://w3.org/TR/html401/index/elements
> [2] http://w3.org/TR/html401/index/attributes

FWIW, I'm sure those pages will be added. However, doing that before the
specification reaches Last Call (or maybe even Candidate Recommendation)
seems premature as changes will still be made relatively often. Then
again, maybe someone can figure out an easy way to do it automatically.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>