Re: Moratorium on the spec-splitting discussion

On Jan 28, 2009, at 3:58 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:

> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> I would be happy to see a structured discussion led by the chairs
>
> Let's test that assertion.
>
> The structured discussion that I would like to propose is that we
> produce concrete specs, distribute those specs widely, identify
> specific issues with those specs, and block progress of any and all
> such drafts to the Proposed Recommendation stage until those issues
> are disposed of one way or another.

I'd like to ask for a clarification. Is this meant to imply that we
would not block progress to any stage earlier than Proposed
Recommendation, or do we still take a group decision at those other
transitions? In other words, are you proposing that advancement to
FPWD, LC and CR should be essentially automatic? Or was your "to"
meant to be a "towards"?

Regards,
Maciej