Re: Who is the Intended Audience of the Markup Spec Proposal?

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Jonas Sicking wrote:

> We do need to decide if and how to split up the spec. But I didn't see
> the previous discussion getting us there.

Note that there are a number of jobs already in process to split the spec.
In particular, the following sections have volunteers and are being split
out as we speak:

 * WebSocket protocol
 * WebSocket API
 * Content-Type sniffing
 * setTimeout and setInterval
 * about: (*)
 * Parsing and resolving URIs
 * Origin (*)

I've also volunteered to split out the local storage section, and am
discussing with someone the possibility of splitting out the interactive
events section (*).

There are a number of other sections that could (and maybe should) be
split out, but we are lacking volunteers to do it:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Oct/0127.html

Lack of volunteers are all that is stopping this from proceeding further.

(The sections marked (*) are sections that I had or have not yet written
in the actual HTML5 spec but had planned to write before last call.)