Re: Who is the Intended Audience of the Markup Spec Proposal?

Jonas Sicking wrote:

> I'd definitely like the moratorium to be lifted. However I'd also like
> not note that simply lifiting the moratorium is unlikely to be very
> constructive.

I'd tend to agree.

> Before the moratorium was put in the discussions were far from
> constructive and if anything just caused polarization and flame wars.

Discussions which aren't anchored by concrete proposals do have a
tendency to go that way.  And never truly get resolved.

> We do need to decide if and how to split up the spec. But I didn't see
> the previous discussion getting us there.

The way I'd like to proceed is based on concrete issues raised against
concrete proposals.  The devil truly is in the details.  The wider and
earlier that such reviews can take place, the sooner we can get all this
behind us.

> / Jonas

- Sam Ruby