Re: ISSUE-59: normative-language-reference FPWD

Ian wrote:
> Could we add a section to the document that describes the intended
> audience? It would help with reviewing the document if there was a clear
> description of who the document was written for.

isn't it covered under 1. Introduction and Scope [1]?

"This specification limits its scope to providing the details
necessary for HTML producers to create conformant documents."

"HTML producers
HTML authors (that is, people) and applications (such as editors and
content management systems) that produce HTML content."

[1] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/markup-spec/#intro

regards
stevef

2009/1/23 Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>:

> On Fri, 23 Jan 2009, Sam Ruby wrote:
>>
>> In yesterday's call, a number of issues were raised when the topic of
>> making "HTML 5: The Markup Language" available First Public Working
>> Draft.  A number of issues were raised during the discussion.  Whether
>> these were merely issues to be worked or meet the criteria for a Formal
>> Objections was less clear to me.
>>
>> To help facilitate and focus the discussion, a few links:
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/markup-spec/
>> http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#first-wd
>> http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies#WGArchiveMinorityViews
>>
>> It surprises me to have to say this given the makeup of this group, but:
>> don't be shy!
>
> Ok, I'll start off the discussion. :-)
>
> Could we add a section to the document that describes the intended
> audience? It would help with reviewing the document if there was a clear
> description of who the document was written for.
>
> --

with regards

Steve Faulkner
Technical Director - TPG Europe