Re: ISSUE-54: doctype-legacy-compat

tested with tidy. I haven't tried yet other tools, I'll do if I have
time today.
Feel free to go ahead and try with other type of tools.

Le 20 janv. 2009 à 07:22, Karl Dubost a écrit :
> 1. Which are the tools which modify their behaviour according to a
> versioned doctype?
> 2. Which issues will these tools have with no versioned doctype ?
>

> # Browsers
>
>  This is case is pretty much set and had been ad nauseam discussed.
>  <!DOCTYPE html> triggers the standard mode.
>
> # Authoring tools
>
> # Converters
>
> # Tidying tools

with the command of a type

% tidy -utf8 -o html401-strict-tidied.html -f html401-strict-
errors.txt html401-strict-invalid.html

http://www.la-grange.net/2009/01/20/html401-strict-errors.txt
http://www.la-grange.net/2009/01/20/html401-strict-invalid.html
http://www.la-grange.net/2009/01/20/html401-strict-tidied.html
http://www.la-grange.net/2009/01/20/html5-errors.txt
http://www.la-grange.net/2009/01/20/html5-invalid.html
http://www.la-grange.net/2009/01/20/html5-tidied.html
http://www.la-grange.net/2009/01/20/xhtml10-strict-errors.txt
http://www.la-grange.net/2009/01/20/xhtml10-strict-invalid.xhtml
http://www.la-grange.net/2009/01/20/xhtml10-strict-tidied.xhtml

tidy recognize doctypes and adjust its behaviour depending on the
doctype (for xhtml versus html). It also fixes html5 as an html 4.01
strict document, which could be considered normal as it is not
implemented yet in tidy.

But it raises one issues:
How do I know what was the intent of the author when the file is on
the desktop and mimetype less? html 5 (text/html) or html 5
(application/xhtml+xml)

--
Karl Dubost - http://www.la-grange.net/karl/
Près de vous, madame, oubliant les cieux,