Re: Why "Platform Core" and "HTML5" are in the same spec

Ian Hickson wrote:
>> If they are not final-with-implementations, then there may well be
>> feedback and editing changes that Nikunj is offering to deal with.
>
> Given the small amount of work that is involved here, it really wouldn't
> help us move the spec along faster.

But it would result in a smaller HTML5 spec, and potentially that new
spec to be published earlier.

>> If they are final-with-implementations, and can't really be changed,
>> then it makes sense to split them out and publish them
>
> I agree, and would be happy to do that once we have less pressing matters.

It seems that there is disagreement about what matters are pressing.

I'd recommend that Nikunj makes a concrete proposal (in particular what
parts to extract) to the list and the chairs, which we can then review
and decide upon.

>> so people won't waste time suggesting implausible changes.
>
> That hasn't been a problem so far for those sections (with the exception
> of some suggestions from Nikunj himself).

We're talking about an editor, not an author. I wouldn't expect the
editor Nikunj to make non-editorial changes without the support of the WG.

BR, Julian