Re: An HTML language specification

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008, John Kemp wrote:

> All I was suggesting was that the exact same HTML5 language which is
> being defined in the current HTML5 draft is put into a separate
> document, describing only the actual language. I believe that is what
> Michael has already attempted.
>
> I fail to see how that particular operation affects the possibility to
> achieve well-defined specifications or interoperable implementations.

Mike's document doesn't contain implementation requirements. I'm not sure
how to extend Mike's pattern to a spec that also includes implementation
requirements. For a simple example, consider <video src="">, whose
implementation definition is deeply integrated with the definition of the
HTMLMediaElement API. How would you separate the two cleanly?