Re: An HTML language specification

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008, Mark Baker wrote:

> I feel strongly that [an element's DOM attributes] should not be
> specified inline with the meaning of the element and its [content]
> attributes.

Could you elaborate on why you feel this way? I don't understand why you
would want the API of an element to be defined inline with the definition
of the element's declarative attributes. How far apart would you want the
definitions? Is the definition of HTMLMediaElement far enough away from
the definition of <video>? How about <video src="">, should that be
defined separately from the load() method? If so, I'm not sure I really
understand how that would work.