Re: Acessibility of <audio> and <video>

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> Actually, I think the idea is that the content stream itself is
> accessible.

That is not something that the HTML specification can
(or should) mandate.

> The contents of the <audio> and <video> element are a) for
> <source> elements and b) for user agents not supporting <audio> and
> <video>.

But if someone who were unable to hear audio, or
see video, were to configure his/her browser so
as not to render such streams, then such a configuration
would surely be indistinguishable from "user agents not
supporting <audio> and  <video>", and thus the content
would be rendered, would it not ?

Philip TAYLOR