Working Draft decision process [was: Choosing a name for the HTML5 XML serialization...]

On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 17:35 +0000, Philip Taylor (Webmaster) wrote:
> [...] I find it somewhat
> unsatisfactory that issues as important as "What should we
> publish first ?" are subjected only to a "informal poll"
> rather than a binding vote (Dan C wrote : "It was an informal
> poll rather than a binding decision, so I wouldn't use the word
> "agreed", but that's a quibble..."), and I think this may explain
> why (as far as I can tell), this group has so far agreed to very
> little apart from its starting point.

I sympathize; lots of us find it somewhat unsatisfactory that
we're going so slowly. But I think some momentum is building.

You might recall that we did conduct a binding vote
regarding publication of "HTML 5 differences from HTML 4";
it didn't carry:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Jul/0363.html

We discuss progress toward first Working Draft publication just
about every week in the teleconference. See
items "toward release of Design Principles" and
"Detailed Spec Reviews, toward 1st public WD of design"
in this week's agenda
  http://www.w3.org/html/wg/il16
and in minutes from 18 Oct
  http://www.w3.org/2007/10/18-html-wg-minutes

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E