Re: Choosing a name for the HTML5 XML serialization, was: The only name for the xml serialisation of html5

On Oct 31, 2007, at 4:59 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> - If the HTML WG thinks that the name is not important, then, it
> seems, the right way to address this is to stop using it and make
> the XHTML WG happy.

I think this misses on of the points Ian was making– that the name
"XHTML5" is already in use, and even if we change what the spec says,
people will likely keep referring to the XML serialization of HTML5
as XHTML5. So, whether we change the spec on that matter doesn't
really matter much.

-ryan