Re: SURVEY: Release "HTML 5 differences from HTML 4" as a W3C Working Draft? formal decision

On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 12:09 -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
> [[
> Shall we release HTML 5 differences from HTML 4 as a W3C Working Draft?
[...]
> See also results as they come in
>  http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/trdiff/results

Thanks to the 84 WG members who responded to the question.
There is considerable support for the proposal, but not
consensus.

After some discussion with related groups (
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/HTML-WG-charter.html#coordination )
via the Hypertext Coordination Group about the heartbeat
requirement, it seems a slip of a month or two is acceptable.

The HTML WG co-chairs are persuaded by the argument that publishing
this diff document before the design principles and the spec
is somewhat backwards. It seems better to release this
differences document as a companion to the HTML 5 spec,
and to work on design principles meanwhile.

I'll update the schedule on the WG homepage presently.
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/#sched