Re: Leading the Forefront - with IRC ! ?

Rick Mans wrote:

> IRC is somewhat old-fashioned but always usefull to have a quick and
> clear conversation, a forum I would prefer above a mailinglist, since
> most forums have a better searchfunctionality than my emailclient.
> Also it imho easier to keep discussion well-structured when using
> discussion threads on a forum, however that is my personal opinion
> based on previous experience with mailinglists and forums.

Without wanting to sound rude, it sounds like you need a better email
client. With email I am able to easily switch between linear and
threaded views of the conversation, search on subject, author or full
text and tag items that I want to attend to later on. If the urge took
me, I could do some sophisticated filtering of the mail (but generally I
only filter mailing list v non mailing list because I prefer to search
over the whole corpus). I imagine others have significantly more complex
  customisations in their mail setup which would not be possible to
replicate in a forum.

--
"Instructions to follow very carefully.
Go to Tesco's.  Go to the coffee aisle.  Look at the instant coffee.