RE: Doctypes and the dialects of HTML 5

Lachlan Hunt wrote
> Mike Schinkel wrote: Asking a naïve and honest question:
> would indications for support like this be better handled
> in the head by something like a "supports" element?

> > (FYI, "hmme" = Hypothetical Mobile Markup Extensions)
> >
> Specifically, what is the problem you are trying to
> solve?

I'm not trying to solve any specific problem for myself. I was trying to
address the issue others were bringing up when they asked for versioning
because of "the need for special markup and/or behaviors for different
clients." They were proposing versioning to fix this and you stated there is
no need for versioning (and I think I agree with you per se.  But please
don't ask me for a use-case because I don't have one; I was proposing
something to try to address what issues that other people seemed to be
having.)

--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/