Re: Forms Taskforce participation

At 08:45 -0500 UTC, on 2007-08-22, Dan Connolly wrote:

[...]

> "We are resolved, then, that the W3C's next-generation HTML
> specification be named "HTML 5" and to start review of the text
> of the HTML 5 and WF2 specifications"
>  -- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007May/0909.html
>
> It's only a housekeeping detail that the text of WF2 and the
> rest of the HTML5 spec are in different files.

OK, thanks. I guess I should have realised this.

Still, there are some confusing indicators. For instance, the W3C hosted WF2
says (under "Status of this document") that feedback should go to
<whatwg@whatwg.org> and <public-appformats@w3.org>, and the W3C hosted HTML5
draft contains several pointers to the WHATWG version of WF2:
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/html5/spec/Overview.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#forms>.

Perhaps those are just typos, but they do make it somewhat unclear what
exactly WF2 is, how it relates to HTML5, what HTML WG members are to make of
it.

--
Sander Tekelenburg