Re: Dropping <input usemap="">

Michael A. Puls II wrote:
> The way Firefox handles <input usemap> is great. At the moment, I
> can't think of one thing about its implementation that is wrong or
> unexpected.

Except that, as implemented, it provides none of the purported
accessibility benefits, since clicking on an area of the client side map
doesn't submit the form, it follows the hyperlink.  Submitting the form
with a specific set of co-ordinates would be the only logical reason for
wanting a client side image map on an input control designed for form
submission.  If you want hyperlink image map, use img.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/