editing the wiki Re: The arbitrary 80% (Baby Steps)

Jason and others,

Le 15 août 2007 à 14:28, Jason White a écrit :
>>> I don't find 80% in any design principle.
>>
>> I have added Baby Steps. Note though that the design principles
>> are not
>> and never will be a complete description of how language design
>> works.
>
> This is out of order as a matter of process: unilaterally deciding
> to add a
> principle to the draft which hasn't been discussed here, and on which
> consensus hasn't been reached, oversteps the legitimate role of an
> editor.
> This thread shows that the proposed principle is indeed
> contentious, and
> therefore it should not be added to the design principles until and
> unless it
> has been clarified and agreed to by the working gorup.

Editing the wiki and its content is not reserved to a small part of
the groups or after consensus. Editing a wiki is a collective work,
where everyone can participate. That is exactly what a wiki is for.
Drafting ideas, pushing them, balancing them, expressing diversity of
opinions.

Ian Hickson edited the wiki in good faith and as such his input is
valuable. He expressed an idea. You have the right under his
contribution to add your own comments on the wiki, with keep in mind
about how to make further progress on the idea positively.

Once a certain amount of consensus is reached on a wiki, the content
might eventually be transfered to a fixed document with its own dated
URI.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***