Re: Ruby in HTML

Le 2 août 2007 à 19:52, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :
> On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 12:29:32 +0200, Jason White
> <jason@jasonjgw.net> wrote:
>> [...] including the relationship between HTML 5 and W3C work on Ruby
>> annotation?
>
> I believe the plan is to eventually integrate Ruby support. As far
> as I can tell there are at least two open issues with that currently:

* I18N
Richard Ishida,
Do you have input on how to achieve Ruby in HTML?
I have not cc: i18n to avoid too many cross-postings and lost threads

* Internet Explorer
Chris Wilson,
Do you know who was/is in charge of Ruby implementation in Internet
Explorer?
Michel Suignard maybe?
His/her feedback would be welcome for having a better specification.

* Mozilla
SHIMODA-san, do you still work on Ruby for Mozilla, do you have any
information with regards a possible implementation of ruby in HTML 5.
XHTML Ruby Support
http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/_rubysupport.html.en

* What about Opera, Safari, NetFront, etc. and others?

Here an example of a site which takes a page
and gives the hiragana, romaji spelling of the characters in brackets.
http://yomoyomo.jp/?yyparam=00000101&l=&t=http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/

Issues by Anne.
>  1. Detailed processing requirements for user agents such as
>     what should happen when elements are incorrectly nested, etc.
>     and what that implies for tools extracting semantics.
>
>  2. Integrating it in the HTML parser in a way that is
>     compatible with the subset of Ruby that Internet Explorer
>     supports.
>
> Of those two, the main problem is probably number 2. Maybe there is
> also an issue describing the exact semantics of ruby elements, I
> haven't checked the ruby specification in a while...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_character
http://www.w3.org/TR/ruby

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***