Re: [admin] W3C Wiki migration

On Mon, 2007-08-13 at 21:22 -0500, Robert Burns wrote:
[...]
> Perhaps, W3C could establish a new sub-domain for the new WIKI and
> leave the old WIKI in place. Or move the old wiki intact to a
> different subdomain and provide links between the two.

We have been sharing a wiki with some semantic web interest groups,
the QA interest group, participants of an XML Schema workshop, etc.

That was convenient for me, for a time, since it was a wiki I already
used somewhat regularly.

But I think it would be better for us to have a dedicated wiki, so that,
for example, the "recent changes" only contains HTML WG business.

I'm inclined to start a new HTML WG wiki and migrate content from
the ESW wiki manually. For example, the SpecReviews topic...
  http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/SpecReviews

I'd likely
  - copy it to the new wiki
   - put a link at the bottom of the new wiki topic that
     says "for history before August 2007, see ESW:SpecReviews"

  - replace the contents of the ESW wiki topic with
    a "this has migrated to SpecReviews in the HTML WG wiki" pointer;
    the history remains intact.