Ruby in HTML

On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 12:29:32 +0200, Jason White <jason@jasonjgw.net> wrote:
> [...] including the relationship between HTML 5 and W3C work on Ruby
> annotation?

I believe the plan is to eventually integrate Ruby support. As far as I
can tell there are at least two open issues with that currently:

  1. Detailed processing requirements for user agents such as
     what should happen when elements are incorrectly nested, etc.
     and what that implies for tools extracting semantics.

  2. Integrating it in the HTML parser in a way that is
     compatible with the subset of Ruby that Internet Explorer
     supports.

Of those two, the main problem is probably number 2. Maybe there is also
an issue describing the exact semantics of ruby elements, I haven't
checked the ruby specification in a while...

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>