Re: 3.8. Sections

At 15:59 +0200 UTC, on 2007-08-08, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 15:50:22 +0200, Sander Tekelenburg <st@isoc.nl> wrote:

[...]

>> How does "parent sectioning element" leave room to think
>> it might apply to a non-sectioning parent element?
>
> Because it refers to the parent in a tree.

No, it doesn't. It specifically refers to the parent *sectioning* element. It
says so.

> And parent (same for ancestor)
> has a well defined meaning in a tree. [...]

All I'm stating is that (I think) a simpler terminology would be preferable.
I'm *asking* for an explanation why that simpler terminology doesn't cover
what is being expressed. But your response is a statement. Without an
explanation that's not very helpful.

AFAIK "parent" == "nearest ancestor". If not, an explanation or a pointer to
one would be useful.

--
Sander Tekelenburg